The choppy waters just make sailing a bit more dangerous for the boats. The organisers sound rather pessimistic at the moment.
Racing looking more and more unlikely as the morning progresses. This is really just delaying the inevitable, right people?
That's one clever astronaut.
It's looking that way, I'm afraid. The wind limit has been lowered again as the tide apparently increased.
That is true, Paul. Oracle could thrive today if racing were to start.
And there you have it from our man on the scene.
Racing if off - back to work, people!
Or back to bed for those of you in other time zones.
Well, thanks for joining me anyway, guys. The numbers of viewers and comments today were quite incredible given we never even approached that start of racing...
Be sure to join us tomorrow morning when we will - hopefully - have race 11.
That we again be at 8.10am NZT.
And with racing today being cancelled, the organisers have used their allotment of reserve days. That means we will race every day, if possible, until the Cup is decided.
Can Team NZ get the two winds required by the weekend or will the weather and Oracle prolong this competition?
Hopefully not till Christmas...
You too, David. nzherald.co.nz will again be all over the action (or lack thereof).
They will indeed. And the winds are set to decrease later in the week, so Team NZ should have a chance to clinch the Cup by the weekend.